About this blog

With the generous help of my grandma, I am spending this spring and summer learning how to garden
by plunging in headfirst. This blog is a narrative of my adventures.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Eggplants and Peppers

The lower garden was still flooded yesterday but I was able to get quite a bit done in the upper garden. I planted as many pepper and eggplant seedlings as I could, though there wasn't room for all of them. Eggplants need a lot of space and I have lettuce, spinach, and carrots growing there right now as well. Anybody else want some pepper or eggplant seedlings?

I gave them all some Miracle-Gro® and the upper garden is now looking splendid. I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with all those eggplants once they start bearing fruit, because I have I think nine of them and they're not exactly my favorite vegetable. Oh, well. That's a bridge to cross later.


No comments:

Post a Comment