About this blog

With the generous help of my grandma, I am spending this spring and summer learning how to garden
by plunging in headfirst. This blog is a narrative of my adventures.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Transplantation Day

Yesterday we transplanted most of the seedlings into new containers--the ones I filled with Pro-mix® the other day. There are a few stragglers that don't have their second set of leaves yet, so we left those behind to grow a little more.

It was interesting to see which varieties are thriving and which are struggling. The orion f-1 peppers are growing like crazy. I transplanted them into three containers because they're so healthy. On the other hand, there were only three aconcagua pepper seedlings far enough along to transplant, and several of the ones I didn't move only have one cotyledon, so they won't develop.

It was cold and miserable so I didn't work outside much. My seedlings and I were both grateful for the greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment