About this blog

With the generous help of my grandma, I am spending this spring and summer learning how to garden
by plunging in headfirst. This blog is a narrative of my adventures.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Visualize Whirled Peas

For the first time I am certain something is growing in the lower garden. Something I actually planted, that is. I saw pea sprouts yesterday. You can't mistake a pea for anything else. The "spinach" I saw the other day is beginning to look suspiciously like every other weed and Grandma's been out of town so I can't ask her about it. But the peas--I know those are peas.

I wish I could put into words how rewarding this is. I've been crouching in the garden for weeks, peering at the soil and hoping to see something good rising up from what I sewed. For a number of reasons I won't go into, I've been receiving lessons in patience this year, and for the most part I've been a poor student. It's nice to have a reward every once in a while. Like adorable little pea plants!

2 comments:

  1. They're adorable! And fresh peas from the garden...well, there's almost nothing quite that good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Genie. Except now they're submerged in about a foot of water so I'm not sure they'll pull through. Say a prayer for peas!

    ReplyDelete